It’s been 10 years since the last gimmick battle royal, and I think it would be totally awesome if WWE did another one. WrestleMania X-7’s show featured 80s and early 90s gimmicks – the Gobbledy Gooker, Sgt. Slaughter, Freebird Michael Hayes, the Bushwhackers and the winner, the Iron Sheik.
Based on the nostalgia feel of the Nov. 15 Old School RAW, and WWE bringing back other blasts from the past – ie, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Booker T and Trish Stratus on Tough Enough, Diesel’s Royal Rumble entry and The Rock hosting WrestleMania – I think enough time has passed to include many Attitude-era characters for another gimmick battle royal.
These are talents not active on the current WWE or TNA rosters. I’m not sure of some of the other commitments some of the others have.
- The Godwinns
- Mosh and Thrasher, the Headbangers
- Road Warrior Animal
- D’Lo Brown
- The Disciples of the Apocalypse – Chainz, 8-Ball, Skull
- Los Boricuas
- Kai En Tai – Taka Michunoku and Funaki
- Too Cool – Grandmaster Sexay, Scotty 2 Hotty, Rikishi
- Steve Blackman
- The Oddities – Kurrgan, Golga, Giant Silva
- Tiger Ali Singh
- The Brooklyn Brawler
- The Patriot
- Marc Mero
- The New Age Outlaws – Badass Billy Gunn and Road Dogg Jesse James
- Hardcore Holly
- Essa Rios
- The Godfather
- Mean Street Posse – Joey Abs, Rodney, Pete Gas
And then in ten years, we can have another one, led by Santino, Chris Masters and The Great Khali.
Who would you include in this list that I may have left off?